Keep a list of emergency numbers by your phone or in your mobile including your GP, pharmacist, specialists and after hours medical helplines.If your child has taken too much paracetamol immediately contact your doctor, nurse, Poisons Information Centre (AUS 13 11 26) or go to the nearest hospital even if your child is feeling well. For other parenting advice or support, ring a national helpline or the parent helpline for your state.
Speak to a registered nurse for 24hr health advice. 1800 022 222 or www.healthdirect.gov.au
For helpful information that can help parents with the day-to-day decisions of raising children. www.raisingchildren.net.au